And don’t you try to sell my psyche on the whole, “You’re awesome no matter how much you accomplish,” bit. Because my psyche is pretty adept at being my worst enemy, and will not be deterred from that goal.
Until they invent 26 hour days, there was no way I’d be able to make the transformation to master of the hearth and home; something had to give. So here is what I was able to accomplish with the extra 12 hours or so I gained through internet-abstinence.
- Drew up a “spring cleaning” list that will likely take until 2013 to finish.
- Got a sinus infection.
- Realized that since I don’t read newspapers or watch the news, I should probably at least go on the internet to read my news aggregates, in case something important happens. And it’s a good thing I did, or I’d be the last person on Earth to learn that Sammy Hagar was abducted by aliens.
- Showered daily.
- Taught Toddler where her tummy is.
- NOT clean my disgusting bathrooms.
- Read Fellowship of the Ring
- Learned French. Not really.
- NOT go to the gym 3 times.
- Helped Preschooler make 7 pictures of animals using glitter.
- Went to the bank and got milk, in the same day.
- Washed dishes, wiped butts, picked up toys. Wait, I do that every day.