This week's Monday Listicles prompt was to write a Christmas wish-list. I'm opting for a day-after Christmas wish list, as the post-Christmas days are fraught with just as much peril as the days leading up to Christmas. So, I wish:
1) That the needles on my Christmas tree don't fall to the ground in one fell swoop, causing a hellish loop of vacuum - curse - vacuum - curse all while trying to chase my kids away from the mess on the floor.
2) That neither of my kids throw-up due to all the Christmas treats, excitement, and melt-downs. There's no puking in Christmas.
3) That any toys with 101 little parts stay complete and whole for at least two weeks. And that I don't step on any sharp plastic piece hiding in the shag rug on my living room floor.
4) That the batteries in any talking-singing-noisy toys die as soon as possible.
5) That my kids wait at least one month before outgrowing any new clothes.
6) That the majority of this year's Christmas memories are happy ones.
I think that last one is manageable.
* * *