Saturday, April 25, 2015

Like A Rolling Stone

I think I need to blog again. I contemplated creating a whole new blog, but felt that for the sake of continuity I needed to revisit this old haunt. And it’s old. Toddler and Preschooler are now Kindergartener and First-Grader and the school year is almost over here in Oklahoma.

And we’re moving.

Again.

We must have been meant to be nomads. It’s the only explanation.

It’s hard for me to sort through how I feel about the move. For husband’s job, it’ll present new opportunities, albeit we won’t see an increase in pay. Unfortunately, his position as of right now is temporary, which is really really upsetting for me.

I am so so tired of moving. We bought a house in Oklahoma and now two-and-a-half years later we have to sell it. And although we made improvements, we haven’t built up enough equity, so to be honest we’ll be lucky to break even after selling it. Which means we get to start saving up a down payment for a house all over again.

Yippee.

As you can see, I’m not totally enthused by this move, but we don’t really have a choice. And I’m trying so so hard to see the positive in all of this, because I don’t want to bring husband down with my negativity, but honestly right now I’m just down.

I don’t want to move, and I don’t want to not move. I just want stability.

So here’s to hoping I post some more positive things on this blog in the days to come. Maybe, like it was once before, it will be a source of release and comfort. Or maybe I’ll just not post again for two years.


Time will tell.

0 comments: