Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Rain, Rain Go Away

It’s been raining here. And then it rained. And then it rained again. Our yard is flooded, soccer has been cancelled several times, and the hems of my jeans seem to be permanently damp.

There is so much going on in the world right now. Unrest in Baltimore. Thousands dead in Nepal. It makes my problems seem so insignificant, but they loom so greatly on my mind. I know I have no reason to complain. I’m trying so hard to have faith that everything will work out the way it is meant to. 

It’s just hard. Faith is hard.


I thought it was supposed to be easy, like something that just sort of rained down on you. But choosing to let go of control of your life and place it into something much bigger than yourself is turning out to be a difficult thing for me to do.