Monday, April 4, 2011

Can't Take Me Anywhere

Overheard while waiting in line at the pharmacy:

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-....I want to be sedated!

In my head (original meaning of the song notwithstanding):  Sedated?  And I’m waiting in line to refill my sleeping pills! BWAHAHAHA!!   

A week or so later, in the same pharmacy:

When I was a child, I had a fever....

In my head (again, original meaning of the song notwithstanding): Fever?  Giggle,giggle, snort.  This pharmacy rocks.  Why isn’t any one else smiling?  Am I the only one who thinks this?

Later on, at the shoe store...

'Cause it feels just like I'm walking on broken glass.  
Walkin’ on, walkin’ on broken gla-a-ass.

In my head: BWAHAHA!!!  And everybody’s trying on high heels!

Out loud (to my shopping companion): This is hilarious! 

Shopping companion: What are you talking about?

Me:  This song!  And we’re in a shoe store!

Shopping companion: Huh?  Oh - yeah.

I guess it is just me.  Carry on.

0 comments: