Saturday, April 16, 2011

When Lame = Versatile

Wow, the lovely ladies at 18 Years to Life bestowed upon me my very first blogging award!  I'm still in denial that people other than my mom read this blog.  Hi, Mom!


Now, there are prerequisites to meet before I can accept this award.  And darned if I neglect to follow them and earn an "F" in blogging etiquette.  It would be like college pre-calculus all over again.

First thank and link to the blogger who gave you the award.

Check! (see above)

Share 7 things about yourself.

Let me see...
  1. I played high school tennis for 2 years, and never won a single match.
  2. I'm the only person in the world who likes the song "Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?" by Paula Cole.
  3. I played an elderly Jewish man in my high school production of "Fiddler on the Roof."  I danced with a bottle on my head.
  4. It took 10 years of knowing my husband before I could comfortably fart in front of him.
  5. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.
  6. I look up and to the left whenever I'm deep in thought.
  7. I don't like brussels sprouts.  I tried, oh how I tried, but I just can't do it.
Share this Award with 15 other bloggers.

Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy!
  1. Mommy's Developing Obsession
  2. Snappy Surprise 
  3. Eat the Damn Cake 
  4. today is my birthday! 
  5. My Life As A Chic College Cowgirl
  6. A Life Less Ordinary
  7. The Stay-At-Home Feminist Mom
  8. The Non-Consumer Advocate
  9. Child of Danú 
  10. Naked Cupcakes 
  11. Un-schooled
  12. Consequently Slapdash
  13. Modern Thrifter 
  14. think.stew
Contact these bloggers to let them know that they got the award.

Yo - you are all cooler than me.  I'm ok with this.

Seriously, though, thanks again to Dana at 18 Years to Life for giving me the opportunity to pass some bloggy love onto some others who deserve it.

7 comments:

DB Stewart said...

Hey! Thank you so much. I DO like Brussels sprouts but only if I have a sling-shot.

Marianna Annadanna said...

Thank you! I nominate you back! You are very "versatile" and also hilarious. Hubby knows you as Angela - with the dead sham wow mop.

I still can't fart in front of Hubby, I also hate brussel sprouts, and I LOVE that song!

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

Awesome! Thank you so very much :D And I love Where have all the cowboys gone.

Betty Fokker said...

Many, many thanks! I'd blush, but inherent fabulousness prevents me for displays of modesty :)

Mom said...

Hi to you too! I forgot about that bottle dance!

Love, Mom

Angela@BeggingTheAnswer said...

@dbs - slingshots would render brussel sprouts tolerable!

@Marianna Annadanna - after having my husband witness me birthing 2 children, I figure there's nothing about my nether regions he hasn't encountered. Farts paled in comparison. Usually.

@Brandy Rose - Glad I'm in such good company! "Where is my furry son" my ass!

@Betty Fokker - good for you! Modesty is overrated.

Kate Fridkis said...

Thank you!!! I JUST noticed this. That's how lame I am. Wow. Anyway, I'm flattered and love getting the chance to check your awesome blog out!