Monday, May 23, 2011

Me? Stylish? Do These People KNOW Me?

Despite having sported a spiral-perm and those 80’s claw-bangs way into the 90’s, the lovely Northwest Mommy bestowed upon me the Stylish Blogger Award.

Me circa 1991.  Just keepin’ it real. 
 

Not surprisingly, I must complete certain tasks to accept the award.

First, I have to tell you seven random things about me.

Second, I have to give the award to five new bloggers.

So without further ado...

1) I performed (i.e. danced, not competed) at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia.  I wore shiny red spandex jazz-pants.  We were the HEIGHT of sophistication.

 2) I can’t drive stick-shift to save my life.

3) My elbows hyper-extend.  This means that whenever I fall, and catch myself with my hands, I  get stress fractures in my elbows and cannot bend them for several days.  AWESOME.

4) Dragonflies scare the crap out of me.

5) I’ve never been camping, not ever. 

6) I once ate wild boar.
 
7) I love it when ducks live in the middle of a big downtown.

Now, go forth and check out the work of these equally stylish bloggers:

Marianna Annadanna @ Snappy Surprise

Betty Fokker @ The Stay-At-Home Feminist Mom

Handflapper

Carm @ A Life Less Ordinary

Brandy Rose @ Consequently Slapdash

Jenn @ Fox In The City

Lindsay @ It’s A Developing Obsession

Anybody in my blog roll to the right who wasn’t mentioned (I’m serious about this - you ALL deserve this.)

What can I say, I’m an overachiever.

9 comments:

Marianna Annadanna said...

Wow. That IS a stylish photo. Nice. I have several similar ones - but with tap shoes. Thanks for the award doll! xo

Fox in the City said...

Ah, see now I have left all photos like the above at my parents house so they can cherish the memories and I am try and forget!
Cheers for the award!

Angela@BeggingTheAnswer\ said...

@Marianna Annadanna and Fox in the City - the funny thing is that I've had that photo for YEARS, at least since I moved into my first apartment. Why I decided to salvage that photo, I'll never know.

Cake Betch said...

I used to dance too and had that same ridiculous spiral perm. Actually, my mom permed JUST MY BANGS. Yeah. I looked totally bangin'.

Angela@BeggingTheAnswer said...

@Cake Betch - at least you didn't have to achieve the poodle look using a curling iron & aqua net each day. See? Your mom was doing you a favor!

mominrome said...

darling...if they gave ME the Stylish blogger award....for sure you deserve it!!!! :)

handflapper said...

Um, what? Have you SEEN me? But thank you. I am honored.

Angela@BeggingTheAnswer said...

@mominrome - Thanks!

@handflapper - Your stick-figure would have me believe that you have very sexy hair. So, yes, you deserve this award!

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

Thank you so very much!