Monday, January 24, 2011

I Am Bipolar. I am Not Insane.

I want to highlight the posts I've written about mental illness.  Because of this.  Because it's hard to come out. There is internal shame, external stigma, loss of hope, loss of worth.

This is my experience:

Is Anybody Out There?

Stigma

Side Effects Include Empathy....

The Post In Which I Belatedly Relate My Two Birth Stories

What I Did Over My Thanksgiving Break: The Bad (And Ugly)

If you suffer from mental illness, please read.  If you love some one with mental illness, please read.  If you know nothing about mental illness, please read.

Know you are not alone.  This is not your fault.  It is a physical ailment.  Medication helps, though it can take a long time.  Talking helps, too.

I'm off to give my kids a good hug.  Because I am alive to do so.

Don't give up.

0 comments: