Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Time After Time Or How Cyndi Lauper Kept Me From Posting For Three Whole Days.

Preschooler handed me a toy clock that had pictures of analogue clocks of various colors, pointing to each hour of the day.  Per her request, I carefully went through the series of clocks, explaining “This hand points to 2.  It’s 2 o’clock!” etc.

At the end, she pondered this new found knowledge for a few minutes.  Finally, she looked at me and said:

“I want the purple clock.”

Sometimes I don’t understand time either.

Like when both of my children have done nothing but scream all day, and God it’s only 2:30 in the afternoon, and WHEN is my husband coming home again?

Like when I look at Preschooler and have a hard time remembering her newborn face, so thank God for photos.

Like when I start writing at 8:00 in the evening and all of a sudden it’s 11:30, and then Baby wakes up at 4:00 in the morning, and she’s all “It’s 4:00 in the morning! Let’s Play! I’m a baby!”, and sleep? huh? what’s sleep?

Like when it’s 4:00 in the morning, and the coffee is taking 10 whole minutes to brew enough for one cup, and IT’S NOT HAPPENING QUICK ENOUGH!

Like when it takes me days to get a new post up because I’m actually kind of working on 3 or 4 at once, and it’s taking a long time because I’m sort of a perfectionist.

Sorry.

0 comments: